Up until this point the kids have always shared luggage on trips. The three boys would all pack their stuff together into one of our bigger suitcases and then the two girls would share one of our smaller ones. This system worked great for many years, until recently when we started noticing that it just wasn’t working great any more.
The number one factor being that the kids were all getting bigger. Now at 6, 8, 8, 11 & 13 their clothes weren’t all fitting into joint suitcases as well as they once had and everything was getting mixed up pretty quickly.
I wanted to find a better solution.
This is also the first summer that we’ll have four of the five kids attending summer camp. Which means that they’ll all be in separate cabins making sharing a bag a bit tricky, I’d say.
I headed to Amazon.com to search for something that met the following criteria…
- Something that was durable and able to withstand a littler person as its owner.
- Something that would be big enough to hold clothes for a week long trip but not too big that they couldn’t still carry it around themselves and be responsible for it.
- Something in a solid color versus a character figure so that the kids would still like it in years to come.
- Something that came in various colors so that the kids could easily tell their bag apart from their siblings.
- Something that maneuvered well and could easily be wheeled through an airport and fit on a plane.
- Something that wasn’t going to break the bank!
- Something with free shipping, after all I needed to order five.
I searched off and on for days…read reviews…and then narrowed down the options to one suitcase.
Even though I love the ease of shopping online, I was still hesitant to commit to purchasing five pieces of luggage until I could at least see one up close, and in person.
I ordered one suitcase to be shipped to the house.
It came and I knew right away that it was going to be a great fit.
Look at all of those built in features!
***I’ll insert here that I wasn’t paid in any way to review this luggage. I’m just a mom with a current dilemma who searched for a solution and found it! I love passing on those discoveries to other moms who are searching for similar solutions! (The affiliate links below certainly help keep this blog going. Here is my disclosure policy.)***
I looked everything over well (and was super impressed with the wheels that spin in every direction, the zipper to make it expandable, the hard shell for durability and that it was light weight!)
I promptly ordered four more.
Here are the links for the suitcases that I purchased in…
I lined them up on the porch and surprised the kids one afternoon after school!
They were thrilled and delighted to have a suitcase of their very own.
One of the added benefits of buying them all the same type of bag was how easily they fit into the back of our mini-van. Look at all of the room that we still have left!
Oh the places we will go! #adventureawaits