1) Every year of marriage should be celebrated! Let’s be honest…marriage is tough, life is tough and if it isn’t all going to be roses then let’s at least celebrate the victory of conquering another year!
2)When you’re only one year from celebrating ten years together then you suddenly realize that you aren’t young newlyweds anymore and you might actually have some advice for ones who are. Like how marriage really is about you changing you and not about you changing him.
3) Don’t wait until the kids are grown and gone to make memories as a couple. Make memories now that only the two of you can reminisce and chuckle about. Like that time we couldn’t figure out how to open the gas tank on the fancy car rental or how wonderful that really expensive meal was and seeing your face after trying that oyster!
4) Enjoy the little things that make you happy and do them often. Like those simple date nights to Chipotle where you split a burrito and talk about how much your kids make you laugh.
5) This might be the year that you look back on those wedding pictures and realize how much you have changed…moving right along.
6) Keep learning new things…about life and about each other.
7) Dream! Talk about the future and what you hope life might look like in five years. If nothing else just think of how old each of your kids are going to be in five years and you will start to feel really old! 😉
8) Take a moment to just stop and smile and appreciate what a catch you got when you look at the man of your dreams.
9) Finally, continue creating the love story that you always knew was possible but never in a million years dreamed would be this good.
Want to stay connected? Check out these great ways!